Single Skin Panels
The panels used in the construction of Zamil Steel Pre-Engineered Buildings are composed of the following:
- Base metal of either Galvalume coated steel conforming to ASTM A 792M Grade 345B or aluminum conforming to ASTM B 209M Alloy 3003 Temper H26. Galvalume coating is 55% Aluminum and about 45% Zinc by weight.
- An exterior surface coating on painted panels of 25 microns of epoxy primer with a highly durable polyester finish.
- An interior surface coating on painted panels of 12 microns of epoxy primer and modified polyester or foam spec.
Minimum Yield Strength is 34.5 kN/cm2
This deep-ribbed type "G" panel is the standard Zamil Steel deck panel for mezzanines and floor systems. Although exceptionally strong, this panel is used as shuttering for mezzanine reinforced concrete floors and panel is not a substitute for the reinforcement of mezzanine concrete slabs.
The type "G" panel is available only (unpainted) in 0.7 mm pre-galvanized coating over steel conforming to ASTM A653M SS Grade 550: Coating Z180.
Application: Mezzanine Decks
This newly developed type "S" panel is a superior structural panel, whose profile is designed to withstand heavy loads, such as roof snow loads and uplift loads resulting from high velocity (cyclonic) winds. It is the standard Zamil Steel roof panel and is also used as the outer skin of the high-rib Tempcon sandwich-panel (TCSP).
The type "S" Steel panel conforms to ASTM A792M Grade 345B and is coated with a protective layer of Zincalume which is a 45 % zinc and 55 % aluminum alloy coating (150 g/m2 on both sides). Type "S" steel panels are available in two standard nominal thicknesses: 0.5 mm and 0.7 mm, and in all Zamil Steel standard colors.
The type "S" Aluminum panel conforms to ASTM B209M Alloy 3003 H26 and is available in 0.7mm thickness, only, and in plain finish or Frost White color only. The other Zamil Steel standard colors are available subject to a minimum order of 5,000 m2.
This is the standard panel for exterior walls, interior liners, interior wall partitions and soffits. Available in 0.50, 0.60, 0.70, 1.00 mm nominal thickness in all Zamil Steel standard colors.
Application: Exterior walls, soffits, interior liners and partitions
- Material conforming to ASTM A792 Grade 50B (Fy = 34.5 kN/cm2)
- Effective section and allowables calculated according to AISI 2001
- 1/3 increase in allowable stresse were considered for wind loads
- D + L = Dead + Live Load (Deflection limit Span/180)
- WP = Wind Pressure(Deflection limit Span/120)
- WS = Wind Suction (Deflection limit Span/120)
All dimensions are in millimeters.